Purpose of the Position:
Testing biological specimens in molecular biology laboratory environment, including high throughput workflows, analyzing the results, and preparing them for reporting.
- Execute assigned genomic assay testing activities following DxTerity standard operating procedures.
- Analyze data, document and evaluate results, troubleshoot.
- Work closely and coordinate activities with team members in a collaborative environment.
- Perform routine laboratory support tasks, such as lab organization, clean-up, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Adjust work schedule to meet time-sensitive project milestones.
Education and Experience:
- S. or M.S. in chemical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution.
- Associate degree in a laboratory science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution will be considered.
- 1-3 years of related hands-on laboratory experience with molecular biology and genomic analysis techniques and methods in a core laboratory, university, or industry settings is preferred. This includes but not limited to DNA and RNA isolation and quantification, PCR, RT-PCR, analysis by gel or capillary electrophoresis, etc.
- Experience in using laboratory automation and associated programming is a plus.
- Experience in developing new molecular diagnostic products and working in a commercial IVD setting is a plus.
- Prior experience working in a QSR-compliant environment is plus.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dependability, following instructions, responding to management direction, completing tasks on time or notifying appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events, maintaining composure while working under pressure.
- Ability to work in high throughput environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize, and handle multiple and changing projects and priorities.
- Ability to work with a limited supervision as well as in a collaborative team setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- High-standard GLP conduct in the lab. Working in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working at a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work in laboratory or operational areas containing biohazardous materials. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.