DxTerity, a patient-centric genomics company located in Los Angeles, CA is looking to hire a Research Associate to join our Research and Product Development team. Responsibilities include: development of molecular diagnostic test kits, reagents and procedures in a team environment. Perform experiments independently after receiving general direction from supervisor. Make detailed observations, analyzes data and interpret results. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Maintain and develop skills in molecular biology and company technology through reading of internal reports and scientific literature. Support the achievement of project objectives and time schedules while meeting ISO and FDA regulatory and design control requirements.
- Perform experiments related to the development and validation of genomic assays based on DxTerity’s proprietary DxDirect technology.
- Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and provide input into planning for follow-up studies.
- Perform general molecular biology tasks, including DNA and RNA isolation and quantification, analysis by gel or capillary electrophoresis, design primers and oligonucleotide probes, etc.
- Document work results in the form of laboratory notebook entries, written reports, standard operating procedures and/or company presentations. Documentation must be clearly understandable to the target audience and compliant with requirements of regulatory agencies and/or protection of company intellectual property.
- Perform routine laboratory tasks, such as ordering of supplies, laboratory organization and clean-up, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative environment.
- Develop work plans and approaches to deliver results as efficiently as possible.
- Adjust work schedule meet time-sensitive project milestones.
A B.S. or M.S Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field and 1-3 years of laboratory experience.
- Previous experience working in a commercial IVD setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to design and perform experiments, analyze, interpret and document results and trouble-shoot and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Prior experience working in a QSR-compliant environment preferred.
Key knowledge includes:
- Knowledge of molecular biology principles, procedures and laboratory equipment.
- Technical writing skills to document results in the form of lab notebooks, reports and procedures.
Key skills/abilities include:
- Must have excellent technical and communication skills with experience in successful execution of scientific experiments.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing projects and priorities. Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify the root cause of problems and implement effective solutions.
- Dependable; follows instructions, responds to management direction, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Physical Demands Work entails regularly performing tasks in a laboratory environment and while working at a computer and/or desk. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens, automated equipment, and moderate levels of noise and vibration.